Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Lark Tee



After reading a pattern review by Cocosloft, I knew I wanted to try out the Lark Tee by Grainline Studios. Coco followed a tutorial from Grainline Studio's blog to convert this simple tee shirt pattern into a wonderful waterfall front cardi. More details are described by Coco here. And the tutorial for converting the Tee into a waterfall cardi is here.



I have seen the name Grainline Studios floating around Pattern Review for a while and was curious, even though this is really quite a simple tee shirt. The pattern contains 4 necklines - crew, scooped, boat, and V - as well as 4 sleeves - long, 3/4, short, and cap. It does seem to be a great TNT to have in the pattern stash. I think it could be converted to a sleeveless tank with a few tweaks to the armscye too.

necklace made from fabric beads

One of my favorite looks is a black-and-white striped Tee, or navy-and-white. I don't know why but it is very appealing to me. About a year ago, I bought this soft rayon knit in Montreal so it contains nice memories too. My first Lark has a crew neckline and long sleeves. Pretty basic stuff.

I made my usual mods - a little extra in the hip area as well as in the upper arm area. I don't think I needed the extra in the upper arm after all. And it is longer than I anticipated. I curved the lower hem using my French curve so that it is shaped more like a man's shirt.  The curve does not look smooth in this picture for some reason.


Now it needs a little breast pocket. This will be a good TNT pattern for all seasons.


5 comments:

  1. Very attractive and flattering tee! I especially like the top of the armhole seam at a high point; it gives a crisp and slimming effect. Good fit in chest and bodice, too. Thanks for the links; I'm off to explore them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute - and thank you for the call-out! Isn't this a great little pattern? so many options. I'm with you on stripes, a striped tee is so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the French sailor tee look. And it looks great on you. Love the patch on the back neck!

    BTW, thanks for the inspiration on clothesline vessels. I Googled clothesline bowl/basket tutorials, ordered 200' of clothesline, and got to work. None of my bowl/baskets are as shapely as yours, but I had fun using up the rope and have ordered more. I have 3 medium-size vessels completed. If I keep working on it I hope to get more proficient at molding and shaping them. Then, on to dying! I already have some fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the French sailor tee look. And it looks great on you. Love the patch on the back neck!

    BTW, thanks for the inspiration on clothesline vessels. I Googled clothesline bowl/basket tutorials, ordered 200' of clothesline, and got to work. None of my bowl/baskets are as shapely as yours, but I had fun using up the rope and have ordered more. I have 3 medium-size vessels completed. If I keep working on it I hope to get more proficient at molding and shaping them. Then, on to dying! I already have some fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I love this on you! Very chic and so casually stylish.

    ReplyDelete