Tuesday, May 9, 2017

MMM Day 9

Day 9 was super busy, getting ready for a trip. I chose something that is easy to wear and travels well:

There is a great African sculptors' gallery at Atlanta's airport. I enjoy taking the extra walk to go through it.

Pants:

These are, once again, the Helix pants from the Sewing Workshop, this time in a dark gray ponte that I bought from the Sewing workshop. I love these and they go with everything.



Shirt:

You cannot tell much from the photo, but this is a Zen shirt, also from the Sewing Workshop. It is made in my one-and-only piece of Liberty of London cotton. I purchased it from the now-defunct Waechter's Silk Shop in Asheville NC many years ago. It is a luscious piece of fabric but does not show the pattern lines given the nature of the print.

The Zen is the longer version of the Now and Zen pattern. It has the longer length, an inverted pleat in the back and a double collar. The pattern, by the way, is just a great one to have in the stash. I've made tops and vests.



The only change I made to this one was to add sleeve plackets with no cuffs. I was trying to emulate a blouse on the cover of David Coffin's seminal book, Shirtmaking, in preparation for teaching a class on plackets. All that work and you cannot see them much at all. But this shirt is a workhorse in my wardrobe.

My first Indygo Junction Urban Tunic is finished! I lengthened it to make a dress and I'm quite pleased with it. No pictures of me in it yet. I'll post that in an upcoming MMM post with more information.

So are you sewing during MMM? It's a good time to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment